Details of the next Business and Transport forum as well as supporting information will be made available on this webpage once confirmed.
We work in partnership with numerous organisations. By working closely with partner organisations, the Western Gateway STB and our partners benefit from:
- Added value through sharing knowledge, skills and resources
- A greater joined-up approach on shared objectives and outcomes
- Effective engagement with, and influence over, decision making at the national level
- An accelerated growth programme and increased productivity across the region
- Improved national and international connection in to, out of and across the Western Gateway Area
- Improved links to our ports and airports enabling freight and goods to move more efficiently.
Representatives from the below organisations are invited to participate as a partner organisations and associate members of the Western Gateway Board to establish a collaborative partnership and enable a single co-ordinated conversation:
- The chair of the Western Gateway Business and Transport Forum to represent stakeholders
- One representative each from the Department for Transport, Highways England, Network Rail and Homes England
- One representative from each neighbouring STB (Peninsula Transport and Transport for the South East).
The Western Gateway STB work in close partnership with the six other Sub-National Transport Bodies (STBs) across the UK to align areas of common interest, and meet on a regular basis through the STB Liaison Group.
The other STBs are:
Western Gateway Powerhouse
The Western Gateway Powerhouse is a cross-border economic partnership of Local Authorities, City Regions, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Governments (in Wales and Westminster), working together to bring additionality to the area’s existing strategies and structures.
The Western Gateway Powerhouse is a new partnership with high ambitions. Over the coming year, it will work at pace whilst making sure that they bring people on the journey and work in a balanced, evidence-driven way to build its longer-term economic vision and strategy.
The Western Gateway STB is working closely on the transport projects which overlap with the Powerhouse to ensure that both organisations achieve their objectives.
For more information please visit the Western Gateway Powerhouse website at https://western-gateway.co.uk.