Cookies & privacy statement
Your privacy is important to us and we take great care to protect it.
This page explains how this website uses any information you give to us online, and the ways in which we protect your privacy when visiting us online.
The Data Protection Act
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We do not pass on your details to any third party unless you give us permission, or if we are legally obliged to do so, or it is for the prevention or detection of crime or fraud.
Information you provide to us
The information we collect via the website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and via email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- Your preferences regarding your use of email updates, (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used for the following:
- We may use your email address to send you information about products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out of these emails.
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our emails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. When we are sharing information with other organisations we will have an information sharing agreement or contract in place that ensures compliance with data protection legislation.
How do we protect your information?
We’ll do what we can to make sure we hold records about you in a secure way, and we’ll only make them available to those who have a right to see them. Examples of our security may include:
- encryption, meaning that information is hidden so that it cannot be read without special knowledge (such as a password).
- controlling access to systems and networks allows us to stop people who are not allowed to view your personal information from getting access to it
- regularly training for our staff allows us to make them aware of how to handle information and how and when to report when something goes wrong
- regular testing of our technology and ways of working including keeping up to date on the latest security updates (commonly called patches).
How long we keep your personal information
Our services will need to retain your information for as long as they are working with you. Our records retention schedule sets out how long each service will retain information when the service ends. Legislation tells us how long we need to keep some information.
Information we monitor about visitors to our website
Access to your information
You have the right to make a request for personal information about yourself, or another person if they have given their consent. This is called a subject access request. Find out how to make a subject access request through the West of England Combined Authority who is the secretariat lead for the Western Gateway STB.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your information, please contact us at WesternGatewaySTB@westofengland-ca.gov.uk or write to the West of England Combined Authority who is the secretariat lead for the Western Gateway STB at 3 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol, BS1 6ER.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number. Alternatively, visit ico.org.uk or email email@example.com.