Rural mobility pilots – stakeholder engagement event
Peninsula Transport and Western Gateway Sub-national Transport Bodies will be hosting a rural mobility pilots stakeholder engagement event in-person at the Taunton Conference Centre, TA1 5AX on Friday 19th January 2024.
Our South West Rural Mobility Strategy set out how the two STBs will deliver an ambitious vision to improve rural mobility for the communities that need it most. Piloting new approaches will be a first major step in delivering more for our rural areas, and our STBs are working together to identify and generate support for a number of these pilot projects.
This event will provide attendees with an opportunity to feed into this process to further define rural mobility pilots in our region. It is aimed at organisations and individuals interested in improving sustainable transport choices in rural areas in the South West, including:
- Rural businesses
- Rural tourism and leisure providers
- Transport operators, including community transport
- Community organisations with a focus on access and transport
- Local Authorities
- Providers of rural education and services for young people
- Rural passenger transport groups
We are particularly interested to hear from those who may be interested in collaborating on developing and delivering rural mobility pilot projects.
To find out more and register to attend, please email: WesternGatewaySTB@westofengland-ca.gov.uk.
|Presentation: South West Rural Mobility Strategy and liveable rural communities
|Discussion: Delivering sustainable rural mobility
|Presentation: Rural mobility pilots in the South West
|Quickfire audience participation
|Workshop breakout sessions
|Plenary and feedback
With special thanks to our panellists, including:
- Dr Michael Ireland, OkeRail
- Oz Chaudri, Enterprise
- Mike O’Dowd-Jones, Somerset County Council
- Melanie Watson, MW Associates (and former lead for Transport for Cornwall)